Tuesday, August 04, 2009

R U The Master of Your Own Fate?

Well here we are with a new day and I've sunk my teeth into some self-created drama. Or at least that's what hubby would like to think. Realizing I choose to get my panties in a wad over certain things doesn't mean I'm smart enough to choose to be apathetic. I'm a mom. Ever since that became truth, I have asserted a kind of pandemonium in my maternal self that has allowed my stress levels to reach higher and higher like a stack of old library books way overdue...and it actually has nothing to do with having chldren...

I worry. I plan. I predict. I fret. I hope. I harbor. I overthink. I stress.

(I write)

I know there are many people with worse situations...just trying to get myself out of this funktory...I have too much to do. We have no will. The water leak under my house needs remediated (cleaned) and as far as I know, remediators are all frauds. Dog needs to go to the vet and kids all need a check up. I am overdue for my annual. We are broke as a joke. Every attempt to continue one of my novels gets halted by the fear of revealing too much or humiliating someone. House is a mess. Mom has to find a place to live. I can't shake dreams cuz jackass keeps ending up in them and my road trip home is seeming far too selfish albeit necessary. I can't seem to describe my table in a way worthy of his talent. Flippin' hospital bills come daily and my daughter's birthday is 2 weeks away with no plans. Oh and then there's school at the same time and my kids might want some lunch today.

I surely need to quit getting distracted...and just do it...right?

The White Stripes - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Okay, so in my attempts to be a task-master, I am going to try and knock some things off my list. There are several of ways to go about this. #1- write the tasks down on little strips of paper and draw them from a colorful hat. #2 - prioritize and scoot things that can wait until after the kids return to school to the back burner. #3 - take a fukitol and go to the pool. #4 - delegate (not really an option) #5 - write down the things i did yesterday so i can cross them off and feel accomplished. #6 - see how i think too much? This is ridiculous. Time to make the doughnuts...

Relient K - Over Thinking (Acoustic)

1 comment:

cupcakefail said...

ARG! I completely relate to all of this, especially the frustration of trying to prioritize it all.