I've never said this word in a sentence. I may have read it in a book once. Or, had it as a vocabulary word in school, but I never used it that I can recall. I'm more of a feisty kind of girl than pugnacious. They can both mean the same thing but feisty is sassy, nearly sexy...pugnacious - um, ugly and rude. In any event, I think I'm feeling pugnacious today. There I used it.
Pugnacious Definition | Definition of Pugnacious at Dictionary.com: "pug⋅na⋅cious /pʌgˈneɪʃəs/ [puhg-ney-shuhs]
–adjective inclined to quarrel or fight readily; quarrelsome; belligerent; combative."
On a separate note, I went to the neighborhood bar last night and witnessed the most bizarre karaoke I've ever seen. Who does karaoke to Megadeth? Metallica? Iron Maiden? Apparently the children of the corn that I saw last night. It was really really creepy. And intimidating, so naturally I couldn't pull of "Walkin' After Midnight." I just sat and stared - well, I take that back - I gawked for a sec, made wry comments to the cute couple next to me (who met on match.com!) and then started telling the same story over and over again...to different groups of people. I was a bit of a talkaholic. Still - Megadeth??
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Had I known there was going to be karaoke, I would've popped some prescription pain meds and hiking my ass up there!
Also, I'm totally naming my next pug "Pugnacious". That's just awesome.
Post a Comment