Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mama's Birthday

Today is my mom's birthday. The mom I know and love...not the one who gave birth to me, who I know and appreciate. She's officially a Senior Citizen - great on Tuesdays and probably for dinner between 4:00-5:00. She's awesome. But did I mention she is about to move in with us for a month (or so?).
She's selling her condo....well, it sold. And then she's traveling to England for 2 weeks (what timing!), and then she'll figure out where she's going to live. Meanwhile, back at her daughter's house, the idea of having sex in the kitchen (yes, it can be done!) is fading away and I'm already evisioning my hubby's face stuck in a book for most of September. I will survive.

The Grateful Dead - Touch of Grey

Remind me to be less selfish...

My apparent narcissitic update to my twitter (@spiralgypsy) home page might may look a bit tedious...but is only designed to #1 show you that it can be done (and I can do it for you!) and #2 to give props to the magical bohemians and gypsies out there who exude love, as I believe we all should. I want to think more like @Rustyrockets (Russell Brand). He is truly brilliant and inspiring and, ok...even funny.

Dandy Warhols, The - Bohemian Like You

And now it's off to the pantry cupboards where I have spent the last three nights coming up with interesting concoctions for dinner in an effort to avoid the grocery. Wishing I had the cooking talents of @stepfordlife but i could never sparkle that much! She's a gem!
Cheers xoxo

3 comments:

cupcakefail said...

haha! I made it in the BLAWG! You are a great writer, I'm glad your getting back into the swing of this. It's about flippin time! xoxo

cupcakefail said...

you're, not your. see, you're already lookin' real smart like compared to me! heehee Who cares if I can make dinner out of a can of beets.

alex said...

problem with blogging #1 - i normally bitch way more than should ever be published :) got to represent!!