Spiral...the way the choices we make affect everything that surrounds us.
Spiral...the effect of our past repeating itself offering us the chance to make a more elevated decision or simply experience the delicious chaos of deja vu.
I'm often asked to explain my tattoo.
There are many applications though I summarize it like this:
"I hold my life in the palm of my hands."
Essentially, I am the master of my own fate, I am responsible for the choices I make (good or bad) and their consequences. While I believe in outside forces, opportunities and directives, I know that it is my response that creates the uniqueness of me.
I mirror this insight onto others and try to remind myself that none of our responses are programmed. And some of us (including me) deliberately ache for the uncomfortable feeling that devours our assumptions and burns in us a new experience with a whole new set of intertwined rules.
"O ME! O life!... of the questions of these recurring;
Of the endless trains of the faithless—of cities fill’d with the foolish;
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light—of the objects mean—of the struggle ever renew’d;
Of the poor results of all—of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me;
Of the empty and useless years of the rest—with the rest me intertwined;
The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?"
-Walt Whitman
You wanna know what sparkles? Now that I mentioned it - you will see spirals everywhere today. Just watch. And learn.
1 comment:
I love this!
Post a Comment